Skip to menu
Alexander Rosenblatt, George Logan (Dr Evadne Hinge), Michael Soumei Coxall, Kazue Yanagida
Phil Ronan, Steve Rice
For more than 5 years Kallkwik have looked after AJSW's printing needs for which we sincerely thank them
Other blog categories:
Carol I Need You (click to play video)
See Pascal's Triangle feature on our Audio and Video Archive page.
See the Musicians Chapel dedication January 2nd, 1955 on our Events page.
GODFREY KING (Director) AJSW REPRESENTATIVE IN UK
KAZUE YANAGIDA (Honorary Patron) AJSW REPRESENTATIVE IN JAPAN
Fri Jun 24th 2016, 7:30–9:30 pm ◀ This event has finished
St George’s Bristol, Great George Street, Off Park Street, Bristol BS1 5RR
Each ‘Sin and Virtue’ has a narrative and a piece of music representing it. In an especially composed text, narrator Juwon Ogungbe wryly delivers short introductions to compositions by leading composers played by AJSW’s own Chamber Music Ensemble and musicians; with a surprise or two along the way!
In the 1st half of the concert the AJSW CME plays a program of classical favorites
4) Caccini ‘Ave Maria’ - Flute (with CME) – Yukari Yamamura – flute
5) Vivaldi - Piccolo Concerto (in C RV443) 1st mv. Allegro - Yukari Yamamura (piccolo)
6) George Gershwin (1898 - 1937) ‘Lullaby’ (arr. J.Manookian
7) Edvard Grieg (1843 - 1907): Holberg Suite Op. 40, Praeludium (Allegro Vivace)
8) “ “ “ “ “ “ Holberg Suite Op. 40, Rigaudon (Allegro con brio)
1) Kindness / Envy: ‘Requiem’ for flute solo - Kazuo Fukushima (1930-) Y. Yamamura(flute)
2) Abstinence: G. King (b 1943) ‘Shakuhachi’ features: Y. Yamamura (flute) / M. Tobar (cello)
3) Alexander Rosenblatt (b 1956) Humoresque – AJSW CME
4) The Hippopotamus Song (words & Music: M.Flanders & D.Swann) :
Juwon Ogunbe (bass baritone) with the AJSW CME
5) Luigi Boccherini(1743 - 1805) Música Notturna calles de Madrid: AJSW CME
6) G.F.Handel:- ‘Largo’
7) Astor Piazolla (1921 - 1992) - 'Libertango' (arr Norbert Gerl)
Samuel Coleridge-Taylor (1875 - 1912) Fantasiestücke Op.5 (in 5 movements)
8) Greed - Liberality CT – Mov 1
9) Patience CT - Mov 2
10) Wrath CT - Mov 3
11 a - b) Humility - Pride CT – Mov 4 (Minuet & Trio)
St George’s Bristol (Photo: rbrwr@Flickr)
St George's Bristol was built in the 1820s and was originally known as the church of St George's Brandon Hill. When the church fell into disuse in the 1970s, it was taken over by a group of local music enthusiasts who turned it into a popular concert venue. The building was extensively refurbished in 1999, and has established itself as one of the country's leading venues for a diverse range of musical genres.
It is situated not far from Bristol Cathedral, a short walk from Park Street. The entrances are on Great George Street (Box Office entrance) and Charlotte Street (disabled access).